Dental implants are an excellent permanent replacement option if you are missing teeth or are unhappy with your dentures. When multiple teeth are missing, you become self-conscious, have difficulty eating and speaking, and will develop oral health issues as time goes on. Implants are an all-purpose solution that improves your dental health, restores your smile, and makes you more comfortable.
In the past, many patients could not get implants due to jawbone deterioration. However, Central Plaza Dental is excited to offer the latest advancement in implant therapy – All-On-4 Dental Implants. All-On-4 reduces surgical time and speeds recovery while providing a permanent solution to patients who have previously been turned down for implants.
What Exactly are All-On-Four Implants?
All-On-4 implants are an arch of teeth resembling a denture that rests on four implants placed in the jawbone. All-On-4 Dental Implants offer patients the same advantages as traditional implants with minimal surgery. For many patients, it is preferable because All-On-4 implants are an opportunity to replace an entire arch of missing teeth without having to place individual implants for every tooth. This is particularly helpful when a patient has lost bone mass in the jawbone.
Because less surgery is required and few implants are used, All-On-4 implants cost less than traditional implants requiring an individual post or screw for each tooth.
Benefits of Same Day Dental Implants
Cambridge and Back Bay, Boston Patients Love the Convenience and Comfort!
- Same day dental implants can work even for patients with some jawbone deterioration.
- You leave the office with temporary replacement teeth and, in some cases, the permanent replacement teeth on the same day.
- Only one surgical procedure is needed.
- You can return to eating any food you like without worrying about dentures
- No need to remove them at night or for cleaning – just brush and floss like natural teeth
- Eliminates the need for dentures that can slip, click, or shift
- All-On-4 Implants and the attached prosthesis are custom-fitted
- Implants look and feel like your natural teeth
- Less expensive than traditional dental implants
Same Day Implants Procedure
Four specially designed dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone beneath the gums. The process takes between one and two hours.
After surgery, you are fitted with a temporary arch while the permanent prosthetic is crafted at our dental lab. Once the permanent arch is ready, you return to our office to have the permanent prosthesis attached to the implants.
Recovery time for same day dental implants in Boston is typically six to eight weeks for the implants to fuse with the jawbone, but complete recovery can take several months. The good news is that you can enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile during this time.
If you are interested in same day dental implants, please contact our office at 617-227-8536 to schedule a consultation.